Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekend Happenings


I hope everyone had a great weekend. Hopefully you were able to get outside at some point and enjoy the winter weather.  Fortunately, it has been abnormally warm here for January and I am not complaining.


Saturday night I had such a yummy dinner to celebrate my friend’s bday.  I know the picture doesn't do the dish justice, but this place has the most amazing bbq shrimp. You literally want to drink the sauce.

Shrimp



Birthday celebration= dessert. I am not a big chocolate fan, but the bday girl certainly enjoyed it.  However, we did also manage to get some carrot cake as well which I thoroughly enjoyed.  My mom used to make me one every year for my birthday when I was little. Isn’t it funny the memories  we associate with food? 


Zydeco-001



Sunday was definitely not a bumday. We were able to take advantage of the nice weather and go skiing.  This place is just in our backyard and I hardly ever go… We really are fortunate.


skiing


Two years ago, I injured my shoulder skiing, so I took a bit of a hiatus. I am so glad I got back on the proverbial horse.

What is something in your life that you once enjoyed that no longer do for whatever reason? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear your thoughts