Wednesday, January 16, 2013

WIAW- lots of Arugula


I am a little late to the link up, but it was a crazy day.  Please forgive my pictures as I am in dire need of a DSL.
WIAW

 

This morning I had the best intentions to make a protein waffle to share with you all, but a last minute conference call for work squashed that idea.   Needless to say, I had to grab something quickly after spin class and quiet i.e. if I get asked a question on the call, I can't exactly answer it eating a bowl of captain crunch.


GYogurt                                                   

TJ Plain Greek Yogurt with a banana.. I know.. pretty underwhelming breakfast.

Not surprisingly, I was craving a second breakfast for lunch (and I had no food in my house).

egg whites 1

Eggs whites with sautéed arugula and red onion with a little olive oil, pepper, and basil with an orange on the side. 

Then I had some almonds mid-afternoon.  Fortunately, I made it to Trader Joes (you will find out if you don’t know me already..I am obsessed with TJs).

arugula salad

Arugula salad with grilled chicken,red onion, sun-dried tomatoes, goat cheese, slivered almonds, and balsamic glaze… so good.
I was craving something else, so I decided to made roasted cauliflower.

cauli ingred
Some of you asked where to get the nutritional yeast seasoning? Whole Foods and other health food stores usually carry it.
Ingredients:
  • Pre-cut/washed Cauliflower
  • Bragg’s nutritional yeast seasoning
  • 1 tsp. TJs crushed garlic
  • 1-2 tbsp. Olive Olive
  • Pinch of Sea Salt
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F
Combine all of the ingredients in a med size bowl
Bake for approx. 20-25 minutes. I like to broil mine at the end to crisp them up.

roasted cauli
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear your thoughts